Dove's Baldur's Gate Campaign
Allowed Sources and Banned Materials
All the materials from the following sources are acceptable for player use in building and advancing their characters except for the materials listed as banned below. Sources not listed are not allowed. (Yes, psionics are NOT allowed.)
- All Paizo official sources (Core and Accessories)
- All Paizo Playtest sources
- Kobold Press’s New Paths Compendium
Most of the following races are banned due to being out of place in the setting or shot on sight by the Flaming Fist. Some however are banned due to balance reasons.
- Anything over 16 RP points
For mostly similar reasons to the races the following classes are banned.
- All non-core Paizo prestige classes.
Class Options and Archetypes
Many Archetypes are written with the default Pathfinder setting in mind. As such any Archetype you take should be converted to better fit lore-wise with The Forgotten Realms. Also, mounts are illegal within the city limits of Baldur’s Gate. To avoid endless attempts of players to circumvent this law every session I have banned the abilities and archetypes that center on having a mount. Player Characters with animal companions and the like should also take note of this restrictions when choosing their companion. Here are the abilities and archetypes that are banned completely.
- Bard: Geisha, Lotus Geisha
- Druid: Menhir Savant, Saurian Shaman
- Fighter: Dragoon, Roughrider
- Paladin: Mount Divine Bond (Characters must form their bond with a weapon), Empyreal Knight, Holy Gun, Shining Knight
- Ranger: Horse Lord, Hippogriff Rider/Sky Stalker, Trophy Hunter
- Rogue: Driver
- Wizard: Arcane Bomber, Spellslinger, Alchemical Affinity
Traits and Feats
Traits and feats that involve mounts or firearms are banned. Regional traits must be edited to fit with a region of Faerun. Banned races can not have their racial traits chosen via the adopted trait.