Dove's Baldur's Gate Campaign
Here are the character generation rules for making a new character.
- Starting Level: 8
- Ability Scores: 20 point build
- Starting Mythic Level: 1
- Traits: 2 plus a campaign trait. A drawback may be taken to gain an additional trait.
- Hit Points: Max first level then roll for each level afterwards. You may re-roll low rolls based on your hit die:
- d6: 1 & 2
- d8: 1, 2, & 3
- d10/d12: 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Starting Gold: 33,000 (May only keep 10% as liquid assets. The rest must be spent on equipment or it is lost)
- Ability Score Increases: As stated in the house rules, when normally you would recieve a +1 an ability score for leveling up (levels 4, 8, etc.) you instead gain +1 to one physical ability score (Str, Dex or Con) and +1 to a mental ability score (Int, Wis or Cha) of your choice.
- Skills: Each player receives a bonus skill point each level that must be put into perception. This does not grant perception as a class skill and you still cannot have more skill points in perception then your character level. (Essentially your character’s perception skill rank will always be equal to your level. You cannot increase this by spending additional skill points. However you still may gain feat/trait/class/etc. bonuses.)
This should be all you need to build a character mechanics wise. Please be sure to read the wiki page on character background generation as this campaign will utilize a unique background generation system.